Facelift Salt Lake City & Bountiful UT
What is a Facelift?
A facelift or facial rhytidectomy is an operative procedure done to treat loose or sagging skin of the cheeks, jawline, and neck area. A facelift is designed to “set the clock back” by tightening excess skin and underlying muscle and tissue of the face and neck through hidden incisions in the hair and around the ears. This will result in a younger, refreshed, and enhanced facial appearance. Dr. Sargent brings his years of experience to Salt Lake City and Bountiful, UT.
Are You a Good Candidate For a Facelift?
A facelift can re-contour the neck and jawline better than all other techniques. You are a good candidate for the procedure if you have any of the following:
- sagging skin in the neck area
- deep folds from your nose to the corners of your mouth
- jowls or poorly defined jawline
- double chin, loose skin, and fat in the neck area
- creased and sagging neck skin
If you are in good health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations you could be a good candidate for a facelift. A facelift may be customized to your specific needs. Other procedures that can be performed besides the full or traditional facelift are:
- Limited incision or mini facelift. Short incisions starting at the temples and continuing in front of the ears designed to tighten the cheek area.
- Neck lift. Incisions begin in front of the earlobe extending behind the ears. The skin is tightened to correct sagging skin in the neck area only.
How Should I Prepare For a Facelift?
Make sure to understand the following:
- Fully understand the procedure to be performed so that you have realistic expectations.
- If you smoke -STOP! Smoking affects blood flow to the skin and can cause slow healing or skin loss.
- Excessive weight loss after surgery can lead to more wrinkles and/or skin laxity to the face.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen, anti-inflammatories and vitamin E, as they lead to excessive bruising or bleeding after the procedure.
After your facelift, you will be able to go home the same day but should avoid exertion and keep your head elevated 30-45 degrees. You will have a bandage on your face that will stay in place for 2-3 days. Swelling and bruising vary with each individual. It could resolve in 10-14 days but may take as long as 3 weeks. Facial numbness may be present for several weeks.
Dr. Sargent has performed facelifts on a regular basis for over 30 years and now offers this service at his Salt Lake City & Bountiful, UT offices.