Rhinoplasty Salt Lake City & Bountiful UT
What is A Rhinoplasty?
Cosmetic surgery of the nose or Rhinoplasty at Sargent Plastic Surgery in Salt Lake City and Bountiful, Utah, is an operation designed to improve the appearance of the nose. The goal should be to change the nose & put it in better balance with your other facial features.
Who Is a Candidate for A Nose Job?
Patients should be healthy, completed facial growth (15 or older) and be realistic about their goals and expectations.
Common problems that can be addressed with Rhinoplasty:
- Nose is too large for your face
- Nose is too wide
- Nasal asymmetry
- Nostrils are too large or too wide
- Visible hump or depression on nasal bridge or profile
- Nasal tip is bulbous or too large, drops or hooked
Most patients after Rhinoplasty have only mild discomfort.
- The nasal splint is worn 7-10 days.
- Swelling will start to resolve in 7-14 days but take months for all the swelling to resolve.
- Most patients return to work or school after the splint is removed.
- Strenuous activity and prolonged pressure from glasses are avoided for 4-6 weeks.
Nose Surgery FAQs
What if My Nose has Been Broken?
What if I have Breathing Problems?
What is Involved in the Operation?
Rhinoplasties can be technically difficult and should be performed by a surgeon with extensive experience that will give you the best chance for an excellent outcome.
Dr. Sargent has over 30 years experience in performing cosmetic and post-traumatic Rhinoplasties. View his before and after examples. He specializes in closed Rhinoplasties that leaves no external scar. The bones and cartilage are resized through incisions inside your nose.
Other facial structures can contribute to a facial imbalance in addition to the nose. A weak or receding chin can make a normal nose look large and frequently chin implants are performed in conjuncture with Rhinoplasty to achieve facial harmony.